Although panic attacks are becoming more prevalent, many people remain unaware of the symptoms.
Panic attacks involve sudden feelings of terror that strike without warning. These episodes can occur at any time, even during sleep. People experiencing a panic attack may believe they are having a heart attack or they are dying or going crazy.
The fear and terror that a person experiences during a panic attack are not in proportion to the true situation and may be unrelated to what is happening around them. Most people with panic attacks experience several of the following symptoms:
* "Racing" heart
* Feeling weak, faint, or dizzy
* Tingling or numbness in the hands and fingers
* Sense of terror, or impending doom or death
* Feeling sweaty or having chills
* Chest pains
* Breathing difficulties
* Feeling a loss of control
Take a free anxiety test.
Get a free initial consultation
07807 236 809